Home Inspection FAQs
Home Inspection FAQs
AmeriSpec Laval, North Shore, Montreal East home inspection services wants you to be fully informed about the features and benefits of a home inspection, so you can use our services with confidence. This section is very useful, as it provides answers to frequently asked questions. However, do not hesitate to contact us for any questions you may have. We will be happy to answer them for you.
- A visual inspection according to the standards of practice of the Quebec Association of Building Inspectors.
- A verbal summary made on site
- A written report with photos
- A renovation guide
- A seasonal audit guide that will help you maintain your property
- A renovation costs guide
- A moving checklist
It is also important for the owner to be present because he knows the history of the house and he can answer the questions of the inspector. The inspector will also ensure that a Seller Disclosure has been completed.
Finally, it is convenient that the client is present so that he can sign our service agreement and complete the payment with the inspector.
Then, we inspect the house one room at a time from the basement to the attic. When we enter the attic, we check if the air flow is adequate, the type and amount of insulation, the presence of water infiltration or heat loss, etc. Our inspectors take pictures of any condition or point to highlight in the report in order to draw attention or indicate possible action to take.
Using an infrared camera, such a service is used to identify:
• Humidity and water infiltration
• Energy losses zones
• Plumbing leaks
• The overheating of electrical components
AmeriSpec – Laval, North Shore, Montreal East. provides in particular:
- Inspections 7 days a week, including very short term appointments
- Experienced and highly qualified inspectors and members of the Quebec Association of Building Inspectors (AIBQ).
- A written inspection report, detailing over 400 components, equipped with photos and supplied in an attractive binder
- Insurance to obtain as much information as possible about your potential investment!
You can name someone in your entourage to represent you. In this case, you simply give the person or fax us a proxy giving him/her authorization to sign the relevant documents and pay the inspection fees. The inspector will then provide him/her with all the information that he would have given you on site.
As a last resort, we can also fax you (or email you) a copy of the inspection agreement, which describes our services, our obligations and limitations, which you can read and sign and return by fax or email before the inspection. Following the inspection, we will give you a verbal report by phone and as soon as we receive your payment, we will send the written report. Obviously, following the reception of your report feel free to contact the inspector if you have questions.
Can’t find the answer to your question? Give us a call during normal business hours at:
450-975-7700 or 800-975-7701 or send us an email.